Are you in a weight loss funk? Sometimes despite our best efforts, our bodies hit a weight loss plateau. At The Method, we understand there’s nothing more frustrating than that, so today we’re sharing some of our top weight loss tips that will kick your fitness plan back into gear and give you a little more inspiration!
Today we are sharing you a top nutrition tip from our fantastic Durham personal trainers about what they consider to be the most important meal of the day!
And yes, we know what you’re thinking… “Really?! Enough with the ‘eat your breakfast’ lecture! We’ve all been hearing that since elementary school!”
Well guess what?! Today we are not talking about breakfast as the “most important meal” but rather the post-workout recovery meal! Is this a meal you’ve been taking seriously lately? So many o us skip this meal because we don’t want to “undo” all the hard work and calories we just burned at the gym. However, the post-workout snack or meal is essential to build muscle and a leaner bod. In fact, Amanda Carlson-Phillips, vice president of nutrition and research for Athletes’ Performance and Core Performance says:
“Getting a combination of 10 to 15 grams of protein and 20 to 30 grams of carbohydrates within 30 minutes of your workout will help to refuel your body, promote muscle recovery, amp up your energy, and build a leaner physique.”
You heard her! Make sure you refuel after your workout like gas for your car. Our favorite post-workout snacks include the classic protein shake topped with fresh fruit and granola, lunch meat and veggies with hummus, cheese and peanut butter with apple slices, or a vegetable egg-white omelet.
What’s your favorite post-workout bite?
Thanks to our Durham personal trainers for their great tips! Keep exercising Durham!
Hey Durham! Feeling the Monday blues? Today we are sharing some of our favorite health and fitness articles from across the web that are keeping us inspired and motivated to workout today… Durham personal trainer approved! So grab a cold glass of water (and perhaps a healthy snack) and let’s get reading!
- 30 Simple Diet and Fitness Tips
- 16 Ways to Lose Weight Fast
- 24 Fat-Burning Ab Exercises (No Crunches!)
- 31 Quick-and-Easy Fat-Burning Recipes
- Best Superfoods for Weight Loss
- The 20 Best Foods to Eat for Breakfast
- 50 Must-Know Tips For Your Best Body
We hope you enjoyed these fitness tips as much as we did! Come by and meet our Durham personal trainers to gain an accountability partner and lose the extra pounds! Keep sweatin’ Durham!
While there are no quick fixes or shortcuts when it comes to getting fit and building muscle, there are some tips that can make the process more efficient. Our personal trainers in Durham are sharing 6 of their favorite body sculpting tips to ensure a toned and trim physique before you know it!
Here are our 6 tips to sculpt your body:
- Incorporate body-weight and dumbbell exercises in all of your workouts
- Focus on multi-joint exercises like squats, lunges, bench press, rowing, and deadlifts.
- Start and end your workout with stretching to improve your flexibility and also to avoid injury. After all, you can’t workout when you’re injured!
- Introduce interval training into your workout instead of staying at once consistent pace throughout your entire workout. The Journal of Applied Physiology, have found that including several short bursts improve fitness and burn fat more quickly than working out at one steady moderate pace.
- Listen to music while you workout! A study by the Journal of Undergraduate Kinesiology Research found that music improved performance dramatically among study participants.
- Don’t forget to eat healthy! After all, working out is one part of the equation. Make sure you stay well-hydrated or dehydration will impair your performance. After your workout, make sure to take refuel your muscles by eating a healthy snack that will replenish your glycogen stores.
Try these tips from our personal trainer in Durham and improve your overall health and physique! Need help executing these tips? Stop by our Durham gym and pair up with one of our personal trainers as your own accountability partner!
Keep sweatin’ Durham!
The personal trainers at our Durham gym are truly the heart of our business! Today we are featuring The Method personal trainers in action as they work with their clients. A common theme you’ll see: Our clients are happy and actually enjoying their workout… All thanks to our fantastic, professional, and attentive personal trainers!
We certainly have the best personal trainers in Durham! Thanks for all that you do Method team!
- The Benefits Of Glutamine by Durham Personal Training
- The Benefits of Weight Lifting on Mental and Emotional Health
- Benefits of Weight Resistance (Weight Lifting) Training vs. Other Types of Training (Cardio)
- Personal trainers tips: 12 Healthy Foods To Eat in the Morning.
- Durham Personal Trainer Tips: Getting the Body You Want