10 Reasons Why You’re Not Losing Belly Fat
Today our personal trainers in Durham are sharing 10 reasons why you may not be losing belly fat despite your best efforts at the gym and in the kitchen… Sometimes, the truth hurts!
- You’re getting old: As you get older, you experience a decline in your metabolic rate
- You’re only doing cardio: You need to do a combination of weights and cardiovascular training to lose fat!
- You’re eating too many processed or junk foods
- You’re eating the wrong fats: Saturated fats in dairy will often increase stomach fat if eaten freely
- You need to challenge yourself more in your workouts
- You’re facing a lot of stress and tend to reach for high-calorie foods vs. healthy ones
- You’re sleep deprived and eat for energy.
- You’re sick and have been more sedentary
- You’re unmotivated and uncommitted to stick to a focused diet and exercise program
- Genetics are not in your favor
Chances are if you are having a hard time busting that belly fat, it’s because of one or a combination of the issues above! Some of those items we can’t always control– like genetics– but it’s good to be aware of the culprit and work harder in other areas to offset areas of weakness!
From our personal trainers in Durham, we hope you have a fantastic day!