15 Weight Loss Tips from The Method Gym in Durham
Are you in a weight loss funk? Sometimes despite our best efforts, our bodies hit a weight loss plateau. At The Method, we understand there’s nothing more frustrating than that, so today we’re sharing some of our top weight loss tips that will kick your fitness plan back into gear and give you a little more inspiration!
Smart Weight Loss Tips From The Method Gym in Durham
- Keep your plate colorful with a variety of fruits, vegetables, and lean protein!
- Drink a glass of water before every meal… Prefacing a meal with a glass of water has shown to link with more weight loss than cutting calories.
- Eat small, healthy snacks throughout the day to keep your metabolism going. Research shows that skipping meals throughout the day and eating one large meal at night can lead to some undesirable outcomes such as a delayed insulin response that may increase the risk of diabetes.
- Fill your fridge with healthy produce and proteins to keep your eating choices healthy. Also, make sure the freezer is stocked with frozen veggies!
- Clean out your pantry and toss the junk so you’re not even tempted! If you’ve got favorite less-than-great items you’d like to save as a treat, tuck them in the back of the pantry and keep healthier items up front.
- Use smaller plates that measure 8-10 inches as a way to trick your mind into feeling fuller with the same amount of food.
- If you’re one to make meals in advance, serve yourself a reasonable portion and then save the rest immediately. When the food is out of sight, studies show you’ll be less likely to reach for more.
- Eat slower! The quicker you eat, the less time your body has to register fullness.
- Grab a handful, not the whole bag. Always.
- Substitute, substitute, substitute! Swaps such as greek yogurt for sour cream and apple sauce for oil can save on calories and fat!
- Brush your teeth more! This tip can keep you from mindlessly snacking and eating more.
- Develop healthier habits– It’s that simple! Science says it takes anywhere from 18-250 days to form a habit so start today and reassure yourself that soon, your body may be begging for healthier foods!
- Visualize your goals and a healthier, more fit you! Keep a motivational saying on your fridge or inside your pantry to keep you focused!
- Get in your ZZZ’s! Sleep not only reduces stress, it helps our bodies heal faster, and prevents depression. A good night’s sleep is also linked to changes in appetite and the metabolism of glucose (sugar in the blood).
- Turn up your music while working out to prompt a faster pace!
We hope these tips were helpful for you and gave you some added fitness inspiration! Just remember, a simple mantra for losing weight is: Move more and eat less! At our Durham gym near Duke, we’d love to help you reach your fitness goals! Come visit us at 719 Broad! See you soon Durham!