Last week on The Method Personal Training blog, we discussed how our Method uses resistance training and insulin sensitivity to achieve weight loss. Today, we are continuing with part two of this series and will discuss how resistance training paired with proper energy utilization can achieve great weight loss results without losing muscle. Keep reading to learn more about you can get visible results at our private Durham gym!
While there are no quick fixes or shortcuts when it comes to getting fit and building muscle, there are some tips that can make the process more efficient. Our personal trainers in Durham are sharing 6 of their favorite body sculpting tips to ensure a toned and trim physique before you know it!
Here are our 6 tips to sculpt your body:
- Incorporate body-weight and dumbbell exercises in all of your workouts
- Focus on multi-joint exercises like squats, lunges, bench press, rowing, and deadlifts.
- Start and end your workout with stretching to improve your flexibility and also to avoid injury. After all, you can’t workout when you’re injured!
- Introduce interval training into your workout instead of staying at once consistent pace throughout your entire workout. The Journal of Applied Physiology, have found that including several short bursts improve fitness and burn fat more quickly than working out at one steady moderate pace.
- Listen to music while you workout! A study by the Journal of Undergraduate Kinesiology Research found that music improved performance dramatically among study participants.
- Don’t forget to eat healthy! After all, working out is one part of the equation. Make sure you stay well-hydrated or dehydration will impair your performance. After your workout, make sure to take refuel your muscles by eating a healthy snack that will replenish your glycogen stores.
Try these tips from our personal trainer in Durham and improve your overall health and physique! Need help executing these tips? Stop by our Durham gym and pair up with one of our personal trainers as your own accountability partner!
Keep sweatin’ Durham!
At the Method, we employ the latest weight resistance training exercises to help our clients get in phenomenal shape. A common goal for many of our clients at our Durham gym is to lose weight safely and effectively.
We help our clients achieve this through our Method that utilizes proper training technique and resistance training for weight loss.
Want to learn about how The Method Gym promotes weight loss? Keep reading.
- The Benefits Of Glutamine by Durham Personal Training
- The Benefits of Weight Lifting on Mental and Emotional Health
- Benefits of Weight Resistance (Weight Lifting) Training vs. Other Types of Training (Cardio)
- Personal trainers tips: 12 Healthy Foods To Eat in the Morning.
- Durham Personal Trainer Tips: Getting the Body You Want